Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Maisy ~ The Salty Dog

After 3 1/2 hours driving south on I-95, Rte. 1 and Rte. 113 to Maryland, Maisy arrived at her country home early Friday afternoon. Well, it's not really hers, her grandparents live just north of Ocean City, Md. Maisy spent her first Labor Day Weekend on the southern shores, taking in the sun and surf by crab loving Americans.

With a new Pontoon Boat parked at the dock, which was raised due to Hurricane Irene, Maisy was about to embark on her first boat ride. She was first hesitant on getting aboard, but then she may see other dogs doing the same thing, so she went testing out her sea legs.

As "Paba"- Capt. of the boat, myself & Maisy started on our native voyage, Maisy got to feel the motion of the ocean and inhale the fresh sea air.  During the excursion, Maisy took in the enormity of what else the world has to offer. She was probably thinking, "I can definitely get used to this. If I play my cards right, this will happen every time I sit in a car and behave for roughly 4 hours!!!"

Maisy was not nervous, from what I could tell, she was enjoying every minute of it.  She was calm and collective, she didn't relieve herself on the boat, actually she waited until I took her for a walk by way of her usual route. Maisy has been a very photogenic pup in the past through vigorous walks, however, she has yet to learn how to swim. Does anyone out there know how to train a Boxer on how to swim?  Please send me your thoughts.

Hope you and your pets enjoyed the Labor Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment